I’m looking for a synonym for “total”, as in sum of multiple of parts, but with a negative connotation. The context is that a man finds all his sins combined—his total—in tangible form.
My first thought was culmination, but it doesn’t have negative connotation.
Any suggestions? What other words would work here?
A word for the sum of all your sins? “burden” has a somewhat negative connotation and is used figuratively.
- “burden” – (noun) something that is emotionally difficult to bear.
- My sins burdened me heavily.
- I may no longer feel the burden of my sins, a burden that oppresses me
- All my sins are a burden to me
- The burden of my sins weighs upon me heavily
or if you mean your liability to sin, “peccability” may fit.
- peccability – capability of sinning; the common peccability of mankind.