A word for the meeting place of opposites

I am in search of a word that represents a place or a situation where opposites meet.

The nearest word that I can find for it is the word horizon which according to oxford dictionary means “The line at which the earth’s surface and the sky appear to meet”. My concern here is that horizon signifies the place where they appear to meet, not the place where they actually meet.


Some days I’m less happy with www.dictionary.com than others. It calls “apposition” a noun, but then gives the following as the first definition.


1 the act of placing together or bringing into proximity; juxtaposition.

So, a noun is an act of placing. OK then. Anyway, how about apposition?

Source : Link , Question Author : kunjal rupala , Answer Author : puppetsock

Leave a Comment