Alternatives for “conducted” with respect to research

Literature review is a big part of my life. I usually use “[Scientist] conducted a research using data from” to state a previous study.

Do you have recommendations of other verbs to use? I am tired of keeping using conduct (and I am not sure whether it is correct) and really want to diversify.


You actually can’t conduct a research, because it is not a count noun.

But you can conduct, do, pursue, guide, lead, head, preside over, or engage in research.

Other more courageous terms include chaperon, shepherd, and trailblaze.

Source : Link , Question Author : Stefanie , Answer Author : tchrist

Leave a Comment