Can I say ‘co-student’?

I want to refer to a member of our lab, who is working with me on the same project, and I was wondering what would be the best term to use.

We are both mainly students, but we also work as Research Assistants.

I feel that co-worker might imply that we have a full-time jobs

I also feel that lab member might imply that we do separate/different things since the lab could have many students.

co-student seems perfect if this word existed – we’re both students, but we also work together.


The more usual term in the UK would be fellow student. Academics who work together are colleagues.

Source : Link , Question Author : Roronoa Zoro , Answer Author : Barrie England

Leave a Comment