Double Dutch jump rope

What is the action the two people holding the jump rope in Double Dutch perform on the rope? Twirl, swing, turn, hold, whirl . . .? What word do you think best describes this action; and what is the term that is commonly used by the kids who play this?


When we were kids,we used a word which was Caw. I’ve never seen it written so don’t know if this is how to spell it.
We would say ‘It’s your turn to Caw’. I’m Scottish, so I wonder if this is a Scottish word? Does anyone else remember this?

Source : Link , Question Author : Jeanette Christophel , Answer Author : Martha Stepping

Leave a Comment