Equivalent for Dutch commode?

In Holland we use commode to indicate a dressing table or lowboy specifically for changing diapers and dressing a baby:


The commode is usually ditched after the babies have grown out the diapers. I can’t imagine this piece of furniture being absent in the English speaking world but when I look on ebay, Etsy and others for commodes, lowboys, or chest of drawers I don’t find anything related to changing baby diapers.

What would be good translation for the Dutch word commode?


Here in the States those are generally referred to as changing tables.

“Commode” to us means “toilet”.

Source : Link , Question Author : dr jerry , Answer Author : Community

Leave a Comment