Expression for “impression of a dead insect on a paper”

Is there a term to describe the impression of a insect that is formed if the same is crushed between the pages of the book. Or the impression of a mosquito that is killed in between our palms.

The Impression of an insert on a page


I would call this a pressing. Pressing flowers between the pages of books has been a traditional way of creating keepsakes. Here’s instructions on how to press flowers in books.

You’ve just got a more morbid habit of creating pressed insects.

Source : Link , Question Author : Vishal Poddar , Answer Author : David M

Leave a Comment