Hole or Edge or gap

What do you call the small holes in a rock? I mean the holes the rock climbers put their fingers while climbing a rock.

Do you call it, a hole or edge or gap or something else?


At first, I thought it was what CopperKettle said, a crack or a crevice then I did a little research on Google and came up with the correct term, pocket. According to an about.com article, it’s one of nine basic types of climbing handholds.

Source : Link , Question Author : T2E , Answer Author : lonehorseend

Leave a Comment