How would I refer to a person who says nothing in many words?

What would be an appropriate term for a person who says a lot of things but conveys no useful information in saying them? I thought that this is a demagogy, but Wikipedia says that demagogy is proposing popular ideas rather than saying nothing with many words.

Summarizing the answers: The discussion here had decided that the answer is windbag. However, the difference between windbag and demagogue says that demagogue can be more appropriate if zero windbag “argument” successfully attracts the public opinion.


A person like this is sometimes referred to as a windbag. His talking is just the equivalent of “blowing wind;” that is, not meaningful.

Source : Link , Question Author : Val , Answer Author : Tom Au

Leave a Comment