Is there a word for near the tip of an object?

I am designing a device with two similar components close to its tip, see below. I need some descriptors to tell the two components apart. What would be the best words to describe the positions? Something to distinguish closer-to-the-tip and slightly-further-to-the-tip.

enter image description here


Proximal is nearest to the point of attachment and distal is furthest away.
So in this diagram you could describe the proximal and distal component
Alternatively, you could say subdistal as as meaning near the tip.

Source : Link , Question Author : Atilla Filiz , Answer Author : samdawe

Leave a Comment