Is there a word that means “walk away disregarding”?

John turns and walks away, disregarding Mike’s response.

Is there a word (verb) that means “walk away disregarding”? Is there any word that means “walk in upset or sad”?


I can’t think of a word that means John walks away necessarily, but I can think of a couple words that capture that sentiment:

spurn (verb) To reject disdainfully or contemptuously; to scorn; to reject with disdain; to refuse to consort with; to treat with contempt

snub (verb) To ignore or behave coldly toward; to dismiss or turn down; to rebuke with a severe or sarcastic reply or remark; to slight designedly; to treat with deliberate neglect

scorn (verb) To reject or refuse with derision (noun) The expression of such an attitude in behavior or speech; derision.

Once again, it’s possible to scorn or snub someone and not walk away, but I think these words are a bit more forceful than disregard. So, you could say:

John snubs Mike, and walks away.
John disregards Mike, and walks away with scorn.

Source : Link , Question Author : T2E , Answer Author : J.R.

Leave a Comment