metal reinforcements on wood

What is the name for metal elements reinforcing and protecting wooden elements, for example on coffers, doors, wooden window shutters, even covers of finest ancient books – often decorative?

(my attempts at Google Translate returns only pipe plumbing parts apparently).

enter image description here
enter image description here


For a chest i would call them metal fittings, maybe also metal embellishments if they are purely decorative, but for a door there is also door furniture.

Source : Link , Question Author : SF. , Answer Author : skymningen

Leave a Comment