“Mold” vs. “Mould”

While writing about a factory that produces pipes, I needed to refer to how the metal was melted and put into molds/moulds. Which one is it, and is there a correct spelling or are both acceptable?


“mold” is the US spelling, “mould” is the British English spelling. No other difference.

Same applies for other meanings of mould/mold, i.e the fungus that grows on rotting substances, for example.

Source : Link , Question Author : Thursagen , Answer Author : teylyn

Leave a Comment