Name for an electrical element to use multiple appliances on the same plug

Sorry, I don’t know what is this element called in English. It is an electric power cord with multiple sockets to allow multiple appliances to be plugged into it. In Spanish it is said to be informally a “zapatilla”, but in English?

Socket Strip


Extension Lead


This varies country to country, even internally within English speaking countries.

In the UK, in shops they usually refer to it as a “multi-way extension lead”. Also referred to as a “socket strip”, “socketboard”, “power strip”, “extension socket”, “extension cable”, “plug board”.

Probably a few other things.

Source : Link , Question Author : flyer88 , Answer Author : Orbling

Leave a Comment