Term for an anti-theft/anti-loss feature seen on pens

I suspect many people here have seen those pens in banks by the tellers, that have lines between them and the counter top, so users can’t walk off with them. I am trying to find out what that kind of option is called generally, so that I can try and extend its use to other things intelligently.


I am looking for the industry standard term for these things so I can search for a similarly accoutered pocket lighter. I have a cousin who is becoming senile and do not want him to lose his lighter, or have someone steal it.


A tethered pen would likely work.

tether TFD

A rope, chain, cable, or other line for restraining or securing an

enter image description here

Source : Link , Question Author : K.A.Monica , Answer Author : lbf

Leave a Comment