Verb to use to describe a photograph “losing” its colors?

At first I wanted to just write: “A photograph slowly losing its colors.”

But I think losing isn’t the right verb here. What can I use instead of losing? (I want to keep the word colors.)


As you’ve said you want to keep the word “colors”, I presume you want a transitive verb to fit into the sentence “A photograph slowly ing its colors”. If so, I would suggest the following:

  • dissipating: a bit more forceful than losing
  • shedding: slightly more poetic
  • bleeding: more dramatic
  • leaching: a little bit scientific, and more suitable for something
    else doing the leaching

To be honest, I think the sentence might be better rearranged, but I’m inferring from the way you worded the question that you don’t want to do that.

Source : Link , Question Author : janoChen , Answer Author : Phil M Jones

Leave a Comment