What do you call a robe that’s parted in the middle and is longer in the back?

I have a reference picture of what I’m actually talking about, it’s the.. coat/robe that the elf is wearing below. It’s got like this tear-drop skirt, and I’m not sure whether ‘coat’ or ‘robe’ is more appropriate or if there’s something better.



As a hobbyist fashion designer and seamstress, there is no specific term for this article to account for the tapered hemline.

Any way you’d call this item, whether coat, sheath, etc, if you wanted to indicate it has tapered hemline, you’d have to expressly call it out.

Source : Link , Question Author : Madou , Answer Author : mml

Leave a Comment