What do you call an ad-hoc outside eatery for soldiers?

What do you call the place/system where soldiers eat outside, with usually a few food carts with huge pots, and soldiers standing in line to receive food in their mess kit and eat it?

In French: cuisine de campagne, popote

enter image description here


The general term for that, is field kitchen. There is an article about them, here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_kitchen . It also has some other terminology for referring to them.

Source : Link , Question Author : Nicolas Raoul , Answer Author : Tristan

Leave a Comment