What do you call the action of making desserts?

A person who makes desserts is called a pastry chef, but is there a name for the action itself of making desserts?
“Cooking” is too general, and “baking” implies bread, cakes, etc. which is not quite what I mean.
Any ideas?


The cooking school, Le Cordon-Bleu USA, refers to the field as the pâtisserie and baking arts. It also uses the term pastry arts.

The Culinary Institute of America uses the same phrases.

Source : Link , Question Author : Paige , Answer Author : bib

Leave a Comment