What does “draft” mean in “draft a cyclist”?

I would like to be able to understand this question.

Also, in British English, would this be named “draughting”?


The definition of draft in this scenario is

To move, ride, or drive close behind a fast-moving object so as to
take advantage of the slipstream, especially in a race

There’s a whole Wikipedia page on this

In British English, would this be named draughting?

I have come across this biking forum referring to this as draughting/drafting. But may be an expert in BrE would like to confirm whether this is standard spelling.

Source : Link , Question Author : Benoit , Answer Author : JoseK

Leave a Comment