What is preferable way to say the phrase “changeble weather”?

I’d like to know what is the best way to express the situation when the weather changes very often in American English and in British English. For example: “The weather is changeble/irregular/fluid/capricious in spring here.”


I like the phrase “fickle weather” and use it myself for this exact purpose, but it’s perhaps a bit more literary than saying “changeable weather”, which also works well and will be understood by everyone (whereas ‘fickle’ is a lower frequency word than ‘changeable’ and it’s not obvious what it means from its root). “Unpredictable weather” also works, but that technically doesn’t mean it’s changing a lot, just that you or the weather stations are having trouble forecasting what it’s really going to be like.

Source : Link , Question Author : Tatiana , Answer Author : nachose

Leave a Comment