I mean, What kinds of meaning does “image” express, but not “picture”?
Furthermore, what kinds of meaning can “picture” express but not “image”?
Image but not picture:
- Reflection in the mirror.
- Impression in others’ eyes. You need to improve your image.
Picture but not Image:
- Drawing. I am drawing a picture.
- Photograph. You are looking very pretty in this picture.
- Movie. Please don’t disturb, I am watching a picture.
- Situation. A war is on. The picture is very gloomy on the border.
Source : Link , Question Author : Fawzy Hegab , Answer Author : aarbee