What is the word for a person who destroys monuments?

About 20 years ago, I had a book that was definitions of colorful, interesting, unusual, and oddly specific words. One of the words described someone who engaged in (and possibly enjoyed, but I don’t remember) the act of destroying or vandalizing monuments.


I was able to find the following:

Antivitruvian (adj): Taking pleasure in destroying architectural monuments.

From “Insulting English” by Peter Novobatzky and Ammon Shea, page 12.

Source : Link , Question Author : ianrandmckenzie , Answer Author : Zoupah

Leave a Comment