What is the word for a structure that covers the part of the house that is lower than the top?

Looking at the definition of roof, I read that it is the structure that covers the top of a building.


Suppose that the house shown in the picture didn’t have a porch and the garage was extending more outside the house. What word should I use for the (structure covering the) top of the garage? Could I use roof, or should I use a different word?


It’s still a roof. You might qualify it and say the garage roof or the roof over the garage if you want to be specific.

Source : Link , Question Author : apaderno , Answer Author : Jim

Leave a Comment