What would the adjectival form of “Earl” (the title) be?

Is there even one?

I know the adjective for "Duke" would be "ducal" ("of, like or relating to a Duke or dukedom"). But I can’t find a good version of the word for an Earl.

Any thoughts?

Sorry if this is not the appropriate venue for this question, but thought I would give it a shot.


I believe the correct word would be comital, as earl is the English equivalent of a continental count.

Source : Link , Question Author : Jonathan Grant , Answer Author : Werrf

Leave a Comment