What’s a word for saying ‘entering a room suddenly and fast’?

I’m looking for a word that means ‘enter a room fast and suddenly’. Using a dictionary I got the word ‘to plunge’ – however I’m not sure if that’s correct.

When looking up ‘to plunge’ (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plunge) it seems not to be completely correct, especially when looking at the example sentences.

So, is ‘to plunge’ also used with the meaning of ‘entering a room fast and suddenly’? If not, what is such a word?



Definition #2 from Collins English Dictionary:

(intr) to come, go, etc., suddenly and forcibly. He burst into the room.

Source : Link , Question Author : pimvdb , Answer Author : Kosmonaut

Leave a Comment