Word for a job with frequent location changes

Which adjective word can I use to describe my friend’s father’s military job in which he need to frequently resettle in a new place after every 2-3 years?


There’s the word transient, but I wouldn’t use that to describe a military job. (I think transient implies something less structured than a military position – when I hear ‘transient worker’, I think of something more along the lines of migrant agricultural work, and not something associated with a larger entity like a federal government.)

I’m not sure there’s a single adjective that accurately expresses the sentiment you’re after. Words such as unsteady are even more misleading than transient. I’d be inclined to say:

It’s a job that requires frequent moves.

and leave it at that.

Source : Link , Question Author : shampa , Answer Author : J.R.

Leave a Comment