Word for beading of old cloth

I am having trouble finding a word similar to threadbare or worn out that represents a worn garment that has started to form a bead-like texture from extensive usage. Any ideas if such a word exists?


The process is called “pilling”. The small balls of fabric are “pills”.

Pill (intransitive verb)

to become rough with or mat into little balls ‘brushed woolens often pill’

Source : Link , Question Author : TsTeaTime , Answer Author : John Feltz

Leave a Comment