Word to describe someone who likes physical contact/touching in a non-sexual way

I’m struggling how to describe someone who likes non-sexual physical contact, such as touching, hugging and/or does these kind of actions regularly.

As a German, my first thought was “touchy”, however that seems to mean something different. “Handsy” seems to have negative implications and imply some kind of molestation-component, as in forcing themselves on others. I’m looking for a word that just describes someone who is very comfortable with and really enjoys regular physical contact. Is there such a word?

It would be used like “John is a very [x] person, he always hugs people on their first meeting”



(of a person) given to touching other people, especially as an unselfconscious expression of sympathy or affection.

(Oxford Dictionaries)

Source : Link , Question Author : Curious Cat , Answer Author : mike

Leave a Comment